Please register here at https://thefirststepstudents.eventbrite.sg by 28th December 2018, Friday, 23:59.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by the expectations of employment following graduation? Let your voices be heard by employers and policy-makers! Join us as we take “The First Step” forward towards the future of employment – championing a holistic and inclusive climate for undergraduates.
“The First Step” is Singapore’s first inter-varsity students’ union-led conferenceon the topic of employment practices relating to university undergraduates. It is organised by the Nanyang Technological University Students’ Union (NTUSU) and supported by the Students’ Unions of SMU and SUTD, as well as students from SIT, NUS and SUSS.
At “The First Step”, 300 employers represented by their CEOs and Human Resource Leaders and 250 undergraduates will engage in dialogue geared towards the holistic assessment of undergraduates in hiring. Here you can join the conversation and influence the generation of ideas, a pivotal opportunity to directly share your concerns and recommendations with key decision-makers.
The patron and Guest Of Honour for this event is Mr Ong Ye Kung, Minister for Education. The keynote speaker is Mr Piyush Gupta, CEO of DBS Group.
The panel, moderated by Mr Darryl David, CEO of SJI International and Member of Parliament, comprises:
- Mr Chaly Mah, Chairman of Singapore Tourism Board, Former CEO of Deloitte Asia Pacific & SEA;
- Mr Danny Yong, Founding Partner and Chief Investment Officer of Dymon Asia Capital and Founder of the Tangent Initiative;
- Mr Douglas Foo, President of Singapore Manufacturing Federation, Vice-President of Singapore Business Federation and Nominated Member of Parliament;
- Ms Kathy Lai, Deputy CEO of Enterprise Singapore;
- Professor Subra Suresh, NTU President;
- Professor Tan Thiam Soon, SIT President; and
- Ms Vanessa Ng, Senior Vice-President of Human Resources, Singapore Airlines
NTUSU is inviting you to attend “The First Step” and join us in representing the NTU student body. Full-Time Undergraduates of all years are welcome to apply.
Be the first to receive future updates and registration information by indicating your interest via this link. Limited slots are available, so don’t wait! Should you have any enquiries about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register by 28th December 2018, Friday, 23:59.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.